Friday, March 16, 2012

180° Change

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. - 2 Corinthians 5:17

I must admit, being a Christian is not easy. People looking at you; observing your next move; and waiting for you to make mistake and fall.

I am not a perfect Christian -nobody is- and I have struggles as well. I feel sad sometimes if people don't see the Christian in me. It is like when two friends meet in a Christian event and the two would say "Oh, you are a Christian?!?" I feel ashamed that I am not being a good example in my actions and words everyday. It could be that I am living in the "safe mode". Church people see me as very faithful person on Sundays but my friends and others do not really see the light in me. I don't smoke. I don't drink nor do drugs. I don't even go to movie theaters nor any night bars or party houses. Still, sometimes they don't see the Christian in me. I know I am missing something.


180°. In mathematics, it is a straight line. It doesn't really portray change. However, in the Bible, it symbolizes a person who was in the dark and now is in the light; a new creature. A person that used to satisfy himself and now cares what others would think and most of all what does the Lord think about it. Hundred eighty degrees is a representation of a new person from darkness to light; a person that was once was lost and now have found and especially sees what's the difference of the old life in sin and a new life in God. It also represents a change in every aspect of your life. Just like a song, "There's a great change since I was saved. It says "The things I used to do, I do them no more. The things I used to say, I say them no more, The books I used to read, I read them no more. "There's a great change since I was saved."

Sometimes it is difficult to show who you really are in a world that is too difficult to please. However, I admire these famous people who took a stand to what they believe is right and what pleases the Lord. They have surrendered their earthly profession for the sake of the calling and for the glory of God.

Lately, the runway has been surprised when the 21 year old, Kylie Bisutti, announced her decision to quit being a Victoria's Secret angel/model for her faith. Many had criticized her for the decision since she was chosen over 10, 000 wannabes. However, convicted of her faith, she chose to honor her husband through not exposing her body and glorify the Lord. Here is a video clip of hers.



A few years back, the same decision was made by Brian Welch better known as "Head" of the rock band Korn. Brian came to know the Lord through his business partners. Brian suffered emotional turmoil as a husband and a father to her daughter. He was a drug addict. After he came to know the Lord, he eventually quit drugs and Korn. People think that drugs got into his brain already but he shows to the world that he made the right decision. Here is his story.



Are you claiming that you are a Christian? Remember your attitude is the aroma of your soul. If your attitude stinks there might be something wrong inside of you. Can others see the change in your life; the light in you? Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16

Are you still living in the darkness? Why not have a 180° change? Jesus can only make you change. Just like what Brian said, he didn't go to rehab. He surrendered everything to God. God changed him. The Lord is waiting for you. If there is one thing I learned being Christ like is difficult but if our desire is for others to know the Lord let our actions and our words reflects what our Master is. Give your best to Him and what pleases Him. I hope people in the dark can see our light. I hope we will not live in the "safe mode". There are martyrs in the Middle East that would die for their faith. The Lord is not asking us to go to the Middle East and die for him. The Lord needs us to be like Him in our actions and in words that others may came to know the Lord as well.

Surrender to the Lord all the things you have not changed when you were still in the dark now that you are in the light. Only God can change you and only by His grace that change could happen. It is not easy but rewarding.

0 Comments & Reactions here: