Saturday, June 6, 2009

Fear Factor Challenge

Phobia, fear of something or anything, some are rational like heights or close spaces but some are irrational like fear of breathing or ugly people. We all have fears within ourselves. Even the most influential, strong and the most respective personality you are looking up to have fears either rational or not. My fears? Oh, I have lots of those but I am not going to tell of what I fear.

As a nurse I have learned that the most feared thing of all the patients especially for those who will be going in an operation (surgery) is the fear of the unknown – what will happen if I fell asleep in the operation? Shall I be able to gain consciousness again or shall I die? What do nurses fear? We have our own fears too. Fear of being infected with our patients diseases, fear of giving wrong medications – negligence and malpractice at all, and fear of percutaneous injuries (pricking, sorry for being technical) from patients with untreatable diseases such as AIDS or Hepatitis B. Our own health is at stake, even our lives.

Nowadays, we are in a world of uncertainty. The world that is full of chaos, disasters and calamities, wars and conflicts, global warming and financial crisis. You do not really know if the place where you live is safe for you and for your family or the food you are eating is still good for your body. Horrible, isn’t it?

“For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. “ Isaiah 41:13

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

“Be not afraid” occurs more than 365 times all throughout the Bible. There are 365 days in a year. This means we should not be afraid every single day of our lives. Ninety-two percent of what we worry about never happens and the 8% is usually manageable. Our God is great for us, His’ people, to fear. Lay down your worries and fears to Him. For our God is in control! Be bold and say MY GOD IS BIGGER THAN MY PROBLEMS. I SHALL NOT FEAR! I just want to leave you with two of my favorite verses in the Bible that I usually cling on when I am afraid.

“So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:6

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convince that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ our Lord.” Romans 8:37-39

0 Comments & Reactions here: