Friday, April 25, 2008

Facing the Future

Who will I marry? What career should I choose? Where will I live? What happens after I die?

“I’ll get around to it tomorrow.” “I’ll worry about that later.” “The future’s out of my hands.” “The future’s out of my hands.” “I’m going to get out of life what I can today, because I may not be able to tomorrow.”

This is the way most people think today. Scientists warn of the dangers facing our world. Yet we still pollute and endanger our ecosystem. Physicians warn of the results of smoking to our bodies, and people still smoke. Why is this? Because people want instant gratification and do not often think of the consequences of their actions for the Future.

Of course, there are many things that will take place in our future that we cannot control. Circumstances play a major role. However, if we focus on the things we can control, such as our attitude, the friends we choose, studying and working to the best, we can help guide course of future.

Perhaps the one thing that mankind has not been to control about the future is his or her time of death। Nevertheless, by trusting in God, one can be assured of His care and control over his or her future. If we follow Christ and His teachings, there is a promise that He made to His early followers that is still true for us. “I am with you always, to the very ends of the age.

Other Bible verses pointing to GUIDANCE:

“Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

For this God is our God for ever and ever; he will be our guide even to the end.
Psalm 48:14

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.
Proverbs 16:9

The Lord delights in the way of the man whose steps he has made him.
Psalms 37:23

His God instructs him and teaches the right way. Isaiah 28:26

The righteousness of the blameless makes a straight way for them, but the wicked are brought down by their wickedness. Proverbs 11:5

In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:6

I will instruct you and teach you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you. Psalms 32:8

I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are things I will do; I will not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16

Yet I am always with you; you hold me by my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory. Psalms 73:23, 24

0 Comments & Reactions here: