Sunday, January 4, 2009

Another Year of Service

“What you are is God’s gift to you; what you do with yourself is your gift to God”
Danish Proverb

It’s New Year. My church annually nominates new sets of officers for each group, in my case, Young People’s group. I’ve been an officer for quite sometimes in this group. It’s not that I don’t want to serve God anymore, I told my siblings in Christ not to nominate me and give way to new potential leaders. They asked why. I told them, it’s time for a new set of faces in the office - new sets of people to be use by God. As what I’ve asked them, I am not part of the new set of the officers anymore.

Our new president, an 19 year-old guy, asked why me in a low tone of voice like his in doubt if he can manage to be the president of the group. Suddenly, a preachy me came into action saying something. God gave as talents that we can use for service –for Him. Some are in born. Some need to be discovered. I told our new president that “It’s time to shine. Let God use you this year. I know it’s quite intimidating to be a president without any experience but God doesn’t look on our resume or our degree for us to serve Him. He wants our best, the willingness to serve, despite of our shortcomings.

Discover what talents and abilities you have to be use for God’s glory. You will never know what you’re good at until you try. Let God use you this year. 2 Timothy 2:15 says “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

God is using me now and I want Him to use more of my abilities and capabilities this year and the years to come. What about you? How can you make the best use of what God has given you?

0 Comments & Reactions here: